Where are the headquarters of Prime Metal Bottle?
Canton Vaud, Switzerland
Where will the Prime Metal Bottle be produced?
- North, South, West and East Europe
- Maximum 500km to the main customers
Is it possible to see a sample of the Prime Metal Bottle?
Yes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What advantage does Helvetia Metal Bottle Company offer to its partners?
What distinguishes metal bottles from other packaging materials like glas and PET bottles?
There are clear advantages for the light weight and sustainability driven metal bottles versus other packaging materials in the market. Aluminum has an inherent value and is a ‘permanent material’ which is recyclable forever.
What differentiates metal bottles from beverage cans?
Beverage cans consist of two pieces: ‘can bodies’ and ‘can ends’ that will be seamed during the filling process of the beverage cans. The metal bottle is recloseable and with a ‘long neck’, can be sold both in the off-trade as well as the on-trade market channels which is not the case for beverage cans. Beverage cans are generally sold only in the off-trade channels.
What formats will the Prime Metal Bottle be available in?
Content will be available in the popular sizes found on the market:
25cl – 30cl – 33cl – 12oz – 37.5cl – 40cl – 16oz – 50cl
What types of closures will be available for the Prime Metal Bottle?
- Crown-cork: Pry-off or Twist-off
- Maxi: P Ringpull closures
- Screw-Caps: ROPP (Roll on pilfer proof)
What is D&I (or DWI) technology?
D&I stands for “Drawn Wall-Ironed”. Bottles are produced using sheet metal (coil-to-can).
Have a look at the full production process here
What is the difference between D&I beverage can and beverage bottle manufacturing?
The D&I technology starts from a metal sheet (rolled on a coil), therefore the metal to be used for the manufacturing of a bottle is both thinner & lighter than in case of the slug (extrusion technology):
- In the D&I process, the cupping equipment punches small discs which are then formed into cups and are finally processed in the long stroke body maker to create can bodies (these are the so-called pre-forms to manufacture bottles in the necking station). More information about D&I technology for beverage cans here
- In the Impact Extruded Technology, the hollow body is created through extrusion of the slug. More information about Impact Extruded Technology here
The weight of the D&I bottle is therefore considerably lower (approx. 35 – 50%, depending on size and content) than the bottles produced with the Impact Extruded technology. Since aluminium is the biggest cost driver for a bottle, the weight plays an important role for the ultimate cost of manufacturing, respectively price for selling a metal bottle.
Which technology does Prime Metal Bottle Company work with?
The Prime Metal Bottle works with proven technology.
How does the metal bottle compare to glass bottles in terms of environmental footprint?
A 33cl metal bottle weighs 23 grams. Per liter beer content the metal bottles weigh 75-80 grams; the glass bottles > 600 grams. So the CO2 footprint for the metal bottles versus glass bottles is significantly lower.
How does the metal bottle compare to plastic bottles in terms of environmental footprint?
- PET has a maximum limit in the amount of recycled content, the metal bottle is recyclable at nearly 100%
- PET downgrades due to down cycling (recycled resins), whereas metal keeps its physical properties (permanent material). More information about permanent materials here
The Guardian recently published an interesting video about the recycling of PET bottles.
What is the material weight, energy consumption and reuse rate of the metal bottle compared to other materials?